Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Why can't I use boost graph write_graphviz with OutEdgeList=listS and VertexList=listS
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-25 14:25:15

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Allan Nielsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> Why can't I compile the following simple app. If I changes listS to
> vecS every thing works just fine. (I'am using boost 1.46.1 and gcc
> 4.4.5)
>
> #include <iostream>
> #include <boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp>
> #include <boost/graph/graphviz.hpp>
>
> int main(int argc, const char *argv[]) {
> boost::adjacency_list< boost::listS, boost::listS,
> boost::bidirectionalS > g;
>
> boost::write_graphviz(std::cout, g);
>
> return 0;
> }

The write_graphviz function requires a vertex_index map, which is not
provided by default by graphs with listS as the vertex container. You can
add that property explicitly to a listS graph, and fill it in before the
write_graphviz call (after any changes to the graph vertices).

-- Jeremiah Willcock