Subject: Re: [Boost-users] ning Boost Regression Tests
From: Ted Byers (r.ted.byers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-29 13:47:28

Thanks Edward,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On 4/29/2011 11:57 AM, Ted Byers wrote:
>
>> I have been using boost for quite a while (for years I used boost
>> without running any tests other than those I wrote myself), and am now
>> looking at running the regression tests.
>>
>> I found the statement: "To run every library's regression tests, run
>> bjam from Boost's /statusdirectory."
>>
>> What I haven't found is how to view the results of that testing on my
>> own machine. I don't know if that is a catastrophic failure of the test
>> script, or if I just didn't invoke bjam correctly.
>>

> The output usually goes to 'boost/bin.v2'. If you look there, there is a
> 'lib' subdirectory and for each boost component its own directory under that
> subdirectory. Look for a subdirectory called 'test' for each component and
> if you drill down from there for each test you will eventually come to some
> output files for each test. Look at the file called 'sometest.output' and
> you will get the output for that test.

OK, I find this. Thanks.

But shall I assume, then, that the main test script failed because a
proportion of the library directories do not have a test subdirectory?

Also, I liked the testing done by gcc, in that for each part, it gave
summary statistics about the number of passed and failed tests along with
the expected number of passed and failed tests. When I write my own unit
and integration tests, I accumulate that kind of summary and write it both
to standard out and to a log file. Is such a summary, for individual
libraries and for the whole collection of libraries, not available, or do I
have to run the tests differently?

Thanks again,

Ted