Subject: [Boost-users] BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H and atomic ops in shared_ptr
From: Joseph Lunderville (JLunderville_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-03 22:03:31

I've been trying to purge windows.h includes from a project that uses Boost, but I see compile errors when I don't define BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H (the included prototypes don't match prototypes defined elsewhere). This is building Boost 1.42.0 in VS2010.

Is this a known issue? Is it known to be fixed in a more current version? Am I doing something wrong?

I worked around the problem by creating an alternate set of #defines for the atomic ops, and including <intrin.h> instead (controlled via a new BOOST_USE_INTRIN_H macro). I can supply a patch if this sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

-Joe

This message, including any attachments, may contain privileged and/or confidential information. Any distribution or use of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies. Thank you.