Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Getting multi_index_container in 1.46.1 to work with VC++ 6.0
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-05 17:08:55

El 05/05/2011, a las 21:58, "tangleman_at_[hidden]" <tangleman_at_[hidden]> escribió:

> I've got a legacy MFC project that was built in VC++ 6.0. It needs to
> stay compatible with VC6 runtime so that I can just drop it into Windows
> NT4 where the original program was and have it just work. I've finally
> gotten MFC and VC6 runtime to play nice in VS2003. Now I'm trying to work
> in boost libraries so that I can use the ethernet and serial aspects of
> ASIO.

Are you sure Asio works with VC 6.0? I'm not 100% sure, but I strongly doubt it.

> Of course, I downloaded and am working with the latest version of
> boost (1.46.1), and I have it to the point where 311 errors are reported
> at compile time, all having to do with multi_index_container [...]
>
> typedef boost::multi_index::multi_index_container<
> PDCUTestMessage,
> boost::multi_index::indexed_by<
> boost::multi_index::ordered_unique<
> boost::multi_index::tag<ID>,
> boost::multi_index::member_offset<PDCUTestMessage, unsigned
> char, offsetof(PDCUTestMessage, id)>>,

Is there a blank between one > and the following? If not you have a syntax error. If this is not the problem can you provide the full error message?

In any case, your best option is to stay with the latest Boost version known to work with this compiler (1.36.)

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at.