Subject: Re: [Boost-users] xpressive
From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-06 19:08:50

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 5/5/2011 8:59 PM, Louis Lavery wrote:
>> I'm trying to get started with boost xpressive, but have problems with
>> this simple attempt...
>>
>> #pragma warning(disable:4180) // MSVC: qualifier applied to function
>> type has no meaning; ignored
>> #pragma warning(disable:4224) // MSVC: nonstandard extension used :
>> formal parameter 'value' was previously defined as a type
>> #pragma warning(disable:4996) // MSVC: 'std::transform' was declared
>> deprecated
>
> Do you really need these pragmas? 'std::transform' was declared
> deprecated? If you're really seeing this warning, something might be
> wrong with your setup.

The deprecated std::transform is likely due to VC++ pushing you to use
their non-standard "safe" functions that perform bounds checking. You
can disable that with a #define _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS before you
include any headers. That doesn't account for the other errors,
though.

--
Cory Nelson
http://int64.org