Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::function adding a lot of binary overhead
From: Littlefield, Tyler (tyler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-08 18:55:58

Hello:
It makes the binary a lot larger with either O0, O1, and O3. even with
debugging symbols stripped, and O3 my binary is 1.2m. Part of this is
the stl, but a lot of it is boost.
On 5/8/2011 4:17 PM, Igor R wrote:
>> I'm using boost::function in a few places so that I can use boost::bind to
>> pass member pointers on objects, static member functions or just normal
>> functions, but I'm noticing that I get a ton of extra overhead when
>> compiling after I use boost::function in a new place. Is there a fix for
>> this? I really like boost and some of it's features, but it's making my
>> binaries huge.
> What optimization level do you use?

Take care,
Ty
my website:
http://tds-solutions.net
my blog:
http://tds-solutions.net/blog
skype: st8amnd127
“Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while the Universe is trying to create bigger and better
idiots.  So far the Universe is winning.”
“If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.”