Subject: Re: [Boost-users] ASIO sockets - 2nd write fails
From: bill comment (billcomment_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-09 12:09:04

> 'new_connection_' always points to an invalid socket because after a
> connection is established you always replace it with a new one.

yes. i was suspecting this but didn't fully understand. thanks for
confirming.

my solution was to change my architecture to that of the ChatServer sample
where a reference to my Connection object (parallel to their
participant/session) is handed to a new Client object (parallel to their
room) so that it will live for the duration of the client app's connection
and my server can write several responses.

thanks for the responses.