Subject: [Boost-users] [interprocess] Lost communications and mysterious names
From: Roger (wuffles_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-10 17:18:09

I'm using boost 1.46 on windows XP and I am having occasional issues
with interprocess. Sometimes I lose communications between programs.
I've located the directory where the files that enable the
interprocess communication are created. Usually the files have the
name I provide to the managed_shared_memory object in the code.
However, when the problem occurs a file named something like
"70C0A8E6490FCC01E55D313B550FCC01" appears. When the programs
terminate this file disappears, while the normally named files
persist.

Why and where in the code do these files occur? Any hints as to what
is going on?