Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Delimiting protocol messages (was [asio] read_some() splits data)
From: Slav (slavmfm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-12 16:29:43

As I raised this question I thought that TCP itself has the ability to
determin the message size - but it does not (I previously widely used ENet
(secure data transmission based on UDP) - may be that's why I was
misleaded). Important usage "application protocol" build upon "message size
prefix" protocol (if such a small thing can be called "protocol") could be
the C++ objects' serialization using the boost::serialization, so the whole
picture of protocol stack would looks like this:
Ethernet -> IP -> TCP -> "message size prefix" -> "boost::serialization"