Subject: Re: [Boost-users] offlist - Re: [iterator] Problems with iterator_facade and const-qualification
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-15 17:16:30

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Jeff Flinn <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Kim Barrett wrote:
>
>> On May 8, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

>>> A capital idea!
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> I've my own simplistic any_iterator, with a pending todo of adding SBO. I
>> recently ran across Neil's any_iterator in a detail namespace of a boost
>> version I'm not yet using, and was hoping it might become a public
>> interface.
>>

> +1
>
> I didn't know about it either.

I have discussed the promotion of any_iterator from the Boost.Range
internals into the Boost.Iterator library with Dave Abrahams. We both think
that this would be useful. I have started implementing test cases to cover
the additional use-cases that are not currently tested as part of
Boost.Range. I shall then write appropriate documentation before
any_iterator can then be reviewed by Dave before the final promotion to the
public interface.

I wanted to let everyone know the intent, so to enable decisions
with-respect to using the existing non-public implementation.

> Jeff

Regards,
Neil Groves