Subject: [Boost-users] Syntax error using signal1 from Boost 1.34.1 on VC6
From: tangleman_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-05-17 08:49:21

I am trying to use Boost signals to set up events with VC6. I discovered
that build 1.34.1 is the last build to support VC++ 6.0, so that is the
version I need to compile with. I noticed from the Signals tutorial on
the Boost site that for VC++ 6.0, I have to use the portable syntax.

So I declared my signal:

#include <boost\signals.hpp>
#include <boost\signals\signal1.hpp>
#include <vector>

typedef boost::signal1<void, std::vector<unsigned char>> signal_t;

I am using a vector of unsigned chars as a parameter to the signal handler
(event handler), since I am essentially receiving data from an ethernet
connection, parsing it, and sending it through the event back to the
subscriber.

Now the error.
using the above code, I get the following error:

error C2146: syntax error: missing ',' before identifier 'signal_t'

I'm pretty sure I checked and double-checked the syntax several times,
comparing it to the example in the signals tutorial. All I can think of
is that a vector is not supported as a parameter, yet it was for version
1.46 that I tried earlier. Am I doing anything wrong?

Quick responses are much appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris