Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] iPad: resolver fails on a "fresh" 3G connection
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-18 09:03:41

Hello,

I admit this is probably not a pure ASIO question, but perhaps someone
already encountered the following issue (boost 1.46, iOS4.3).

When trying to resolve a host name just after 3G connection is
established (eg., switch "airplane mode" off and on), I get the
following error: "Host not found (authoritative)".
The query looks like this:
tcp::resolver::query query(tcp::v4(), "my.host.com", "9988");

On the other hand, if prior to the above query I open the browser or
some other application that connect to the Internet, then the query
works correctly.
Moreover, it seems that if I try the above query several times, it
succeedes after a while.

Another interesting point: all the above occurs with 3G connection
only, while with WiFi everything works well.

What's could be the reason of such a weird behavior?

Thanks.