Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] io_service::run() throws "Transport endpoint is not connected" exception.
From: Slav (slavmfm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-19 12:09:42

Hello.
I use io_service to asynchronously accept incoming TCP connections and then
only asynchronously read/write into accepted incoming connections. Each
operation is embraced into try/catch.
Call to socket::shutdown(), sometimes, just under Linux (not Windows), fails
with "Transport endpoint is not connected" error. That's alright - my server
keeps working, but, much more rarely (at least 10 times) an exception with
the same name is thrown from io_service::run() which makes my server crash.
I embraces all operations with asio (io_service::run(), async_accept(),
async_read_some() and async_write()) but it didn't helped - I still catch
this exception.
It does not happen under Windows.

Hot to get rid of it? What's the reason of the exception?
Thank you.