Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Error C2039 using portable syntax for MultiIndex with Boost 1.34.1 on VC6
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-20 11:28:24

El 19/05/2011, a las 17:00, "tangleman_at_[hidden]" <tangleman_at_[hidden]> escribió:

> I am trying to use Boost Multi_Index from build 1.34.1 to set up a
> collection of structs. [...]
> Later, I attempt to set up indicies for both of these keys, according to
> VC++ 6.0 compiler-specific syntax to bypass the Get/Tag issue:
>
> typedef index<PDCUMessageList, ID>::type IDIndex;
> typedef index<PDCUMessageList, Name>::type NameIndex;
>

> Now the error.
> using the above code, I get the following error:
>
> error C2039: 'type': is not a member of "global namespace" referencing the
> two typedef lines above.

Hi Chris,

Sorry i can't dig into this deeper now as I have no access to my environment. Please try

> typedef boost::multi_index::index<PDCUMessageList, ID>::type IDIndex;
> typedef boost::multi_index::index<PDCUMessageList, Name>::type NameIndex;

Does this help?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at.