Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Help needed with Boost header only libraries
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-23 07:52:10

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 09:01:15AM +0200, Ovanes Markarian wrote:
> Hi Vikash,
>
> please use BCP tool to extract the needed libs:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/tools/bcp/doc/html/index.html
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 7:31 AM, vikash sharma <vikashsharma12_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone please help me out. I need boost header only libraries for
> > boost shared pointer and boost foreach.
> > But i am not able to find the header libraries available for download any
> > where on the boost website.
> > I remember seeing the header only libraries some time back. But right now
> > dont see the header only libraries for any of the boost versions released
> > till date.

Hello (and do not top-post).

If you just need the headers, just copy/use the boost/ directory of the
releases.

BCP is a nice tool in theory, but doesn't do the extraction correctly
for some of the libraries.

It _might_ work for you, but be aware that it tends to fail horribly on
anything that uses the preprocessor. It has failed miserably on MPL for
some.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]