Subject: Re: [Boost-users] multi-array and pdes
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-25 16:44:37

On 05/24/11 16:09, petros wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> This is a lot of help! Thank you very very much!
> Will look into it.
> Best Regards,
> Petros
> -----Original Message----- From: Larry Evans Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011
> 3:54 PM To: boost-users_at_[hidden] Subject: Re: [Boost-users]
> multi-array and pdes
> On 05/24/11 00:58, pmamales_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hi Petros,
>> Hi Larry,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your extended response.
> You are very welcome!
> [snip]
> I went ahead an implemented a successor to the array_dyn mentioned
> before. The revised array_dyn is now in the boost vault under
> the data structures directory:
>
> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?&directory=Data%20Structures
>
> It has one feature which you're probably not interested in, the

The attached test driver, when used with the vault code mentioned
above, shows how the multi_array storage order compares with the
enum dirs{dir_fwd,dir_rev} arg to array_dyn. The comments
at the top summarize the comparison. The output showing
the printouts is also attached.

Maybe one advantage of array_dyn is the ease of rotating the
axes. Another may be offset calculation, because with
array_dyn, no testing is done for the bool values of
general_storage_order::ascending. Instead, an offset
and negative strides achieve the same result, AFAICT.

-regards,
Larry