Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] Shared memory misplaced
From: Alexander Pérez Ruiz (alexander.perez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-26 06:37:39

Hi all,

I have followed the discussion about the problems with the WMI in
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5392. I patched my release version
of boost 1_46_1 with the wmi.patch but I do not achieve it works well.

I am using the Interprocess library in order to interchange information
between two programs that run in Windows but one of them was compiled in
linux with the MinGW cross-compiling-environment on an Ubuntu 10.10 machine
that uses this version of boost. I create the shared memory in the program
compiled directly on Windows but it is created in the folder named "Select
...". When I start the second program, this program is looking for the
shared memory in the folder named "200110523...". How can I found the same
behaviour in the two programs in order to use the shared memory segment?

Could somebody give me some help?

Presently, I work on Windows XP and VS 2008.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alexander Pérez Ruiz
Doctorado en Automatización Avanzada y Robótica