Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Regex no longer builds with toolset=sun
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-07 03:49:21

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 10:54:27PM -0500, Will Mason wrote:
> The last version of Boost that successfully builds on Solaris x86 32-bit
> with the Sun compiler (toolset sun) was version 1.43. Are there any plans to
> fix this toolset going forward?

Hello, fellow obscure compiler user.
What errors does the build produce, and which standard library are you
building against: the native one or stlport?

The last time I touched anything related to SunStudio it was fixing
Boost.Array (which had some trouble understanding the syntax of
functions returning array references).

As for the toolchain in general, I believe it's not a first-tier
compiler, which tends to lead to that errors detected by test runners
may be ignored for a decent while. People tend to test their code on
machines that they have immediately available and rely on the test
runners (and their somewhat unorthodox configurations) to give a decent
image of how their code fares.

A decent way to get it fixed is to file proper bug reports, preferably
with fixes attached. If it's really broken, you might have to file bug
reports with standalone test cases against your compiler vendor.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]