Subject: Re: [Boost-users] BGL edge iteration questions
From: David Doria (daviddoria_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-07 22:14:12

> I generally just use adjacency_list, since the parameters are easy to look
> up.

Ok. But it seems so nice to have OO access (g.add_vertex(), etc) :)

> Those are the vertex descriptors; they are void*'s for adjacency_list graphs
> with listS vertex containers (of which directed_graph is one).

I get it now, thanks.

> The loop starting on line 50 of your code iterates through all of the edges
> of the graph; the concepts of in edges and out edges relate to a single
> vertex.

Ah, right, got it.

> The directed_graph class appears to use a bidirectionalS adjacency_list
> automatically.

I see. the [un]directed_graph classes are just very rigid, particular
selections of parameters of an adjacency_list. I guess I did see this
when I looked through the headers, I just couldn't image this was
supposed to be the case (i.e. no way to change between bidirection or
not, etc). I'm starting to agree that I should just use
adjacency_list.

Thanks very much for your help.

David