Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [statechart] Is it possible to have nested (sub)states in an asynchronous state machine?
From: Gurcan Gulesir (gurcan.gulesir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-09 11:59:35

> I belive, you can reproduce it in one single file,
> which we could just copy&paste into an empty file, and try to compile.
> It should go like this:
>
> // states definition...
> // machine definition...
> int main()
>{
> // machine instantiation
>}

Ok. Please see the attached file in which I put the whole source code.

Putting everything into one file, surprisingly for me, solved my problem of
not being able to nest a sub-state under a super state. Now I need to figure
out why the previous implementation (i.e., the one distributed over multiple
files) does not compile. Ultimately, I should be able to distribute my
actual state machine implementation to multiple files for better
scalability, readability, maintainability, etc. I will investigate further
and announce the outcome. Needless to say, I would also very much appreciate
if you would be willing to quickly point out where I went wrong in the
previous implementation.