Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost MSDN
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-11 09:13:50

It may not *yet* be apparent, but most new and upcoming libraries come with *much* better documentation, especially those using the Quickbook tool chain. (The Improving Boost docs program is only now yielding fruit, and the recently accepted AutoIndex will also increasingly provide the benefit of indexes quite soon).

IMO, some Boost libraries are examples of the best documentation - often much better than MSDN.

Having spent some time reworking an old library (Boost.Pool), I say that it was time-consuming and at the same time both mind-numbingly boring and yet testing ones knowledge of the details of the library (I found myself out of my depth!).

So if anyone is an reasonably expert user of an existing library and has some time to spare, now is the time to volunteer to upgrade its docs! Assistance getting started can be provided.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK