Subject: Re: [Boost-users] exception, filesystem, system_error and consistency
From: Michael Schuerig (michael.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-13 04:20:01

On Sunday 12 June 2011, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Michael Schuerig
>
> <michael.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am not concerned about libraries not using
> >> boost::throw_exception, my only concern is that such a choice is
> >> made on behalf of users of those libraries.
> >
> > Well, what *are* users of those libraries supposed to do, then?
>
> Provide feedback on this mailing list and request the features and
> fixes they need.

Dear boost developers, please advise on how to use (boost) exceptions to
propagate errors originating from (Unix) system calls and how to handle
these exceptions as well as those emerging from boost::filesystem in a
suitable way to pass them on as error codes.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael_at_[hidden]