Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Serialize a vector of lists with boost
From: François Mauger (mauger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-14 11:19:49

Hi Alessandro,

Attached is a sample program that illustrates how to (de)serialize
your vector of lists of pointers to something !!!
It should address your needs to start with Boost/Serialization.
It runs on my Linux box with gcc 4.5. I hope it will work for you.

Also note that the use of plain pointers (MyObj *) in a container can be
tricky unless you can make sure you run suitable memory deallocation
code. Of course, it depends on your application but maybe investigating
the used of shared pointer (boost::shared_ptr) could be of some interest
for you.

Hope it'd help

regards

frc

--
 >>> On 14/06/2011 10:02, Alessandro Candini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have a program, simplified as follows:
>
> |#include<vector>
> #include<list>
> #include<fstream>
>
> using  namespace  std;
>
> class  MyObj
> {
> 	int  val;
>
> 	public:
> 	MyObj(int  v){ val = v; };
> 	~MyObj(){};
> };
>
> int  main (int  argc,char  *argv[])
> {
> 	int  i, j;
> 	vector<  list<MyObj*>  >  layers;
>
> 	for(i=0; i<5; i++)
> 	{
> 		list<MyObj*>  tmp;
>
> 		for(j=0; j<10; j++)
> 			tmp.push_back(new  MyObj(j) );
>
> 		layers.push_back(tmp);
> 	}
> 	return  0;
> }|
>
> I need to serialize/deserialize the object "layers".
>
> Can anyone give me an example on how to do this with boost serialization
> library?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Alessandro Candini
>
> MEEO S.r.l.
> Via Saragat 9
> I-44122 Ferrara, Italy
> Tel: +39 0532 1861501
> Fax: +39 0532 1861637
> http://www.meeo.it

> "ATTENZIONE:le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
> da considerarsi confidenziali ed il loro utilizzoè  riservato unicamente
> al destinatario sopra indicato. Chi dovesse ricevere questo messaggio
> per erroreè  tenuto ad informare il mittente ed a rimuoverlo
> definitivamente da ogni supporto elettronico o cartaceo."
>
> "WARNING:This message contains confidential and/or proprietary
> information which may be subject to privilege or immunity and which
> is intended for use of its addressee only. Should you receive this
> message in error, you are kindly requested to inform the sender and
> to definitively remove it from any paper or electronic format."

François Mauger
   Groupe "Interactions Fondamentales et Nature du Neutrino"
   NEMO-3/SuperNEMO Collaboration
LPC Caen-CNRS/IN2P3-UCBN-ENSICAEN
Département de Physique -- Université de Caen Basse-Normandie
Adresse/address:
   Laboratoire de Physique Corpusculaire de Caen (UMR 6534)
   ENSICAEN
   6, Boulevard du Marechal Juin
   14050 CAEN Cedex
   FRANCE
Courriel/e-mail: mauger_at_[hidden]
Tél./phone:      02 31 45 25 12 / (+33) 2 31 45 25 12
Fax:             02 31 45 25 49 / (+33) 2 31 45 25 49