Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost filesystem v3 with Qt.
From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-15 05:07:54

Surya Kiran Gullapalli on 5. Juni 2011 21:04:

> Hello,
> Sorry for cross-posting. I'm facing an issue with Qt (4.7.2, installed
> from Qt installer) with Boost.Filesystem v3 (1.46.1) on VS2008.
>
> I'm facing linker errors with QString::toStdWString when /Zc:wchar_t
is set

> like this:
> unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class
> std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class
> std::allocator<wchar_t> > __thiscall QString::toStdWString(void)const
> "
> [...]
> How can i use Qt with boost filesystem ?

Hello Surya,

this really is a Qt issue. Using wchar_t as a native type you have to
recompile Qt using the same compiler switch. There even is a bug in the
tracker: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-9617

In general, you will have to be very careful and do not mix wchar_t
compiler settings in your projects as they will become incompatible.

Regards,

--
Christian Pfligersdorffer
Software Engineering