Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Atomic ?
From: John M. Dlugosz (mpbecey7gu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-19 07:51:17

I was surprised to see that the Boost distribution doesn't have the "atomic" operations
library. I expected it to be part of the Threading, modeled on the C++0x draft.

I found <http://www.chaoticmind.net/~hcb/projects/boost.atomic/> via Google, from 2009.
But N3225=10-0215 (is there a later Draft available ?) §29.2 shows lots of change bars,
and the <atomic> header seems completely redone, it appears to make everything nicely
templatated.

I wonder if this is at all up-to-date, or why it's not already more officially part of
Boost. Does anybody know? More to the point, I want to write some code that is portable
across platforms, including emerging platforms like tablets which I expect will be more
varied in their CPU architecture. I've been spoiled with writing x86-only for so many
years! It makes sense to use the constructs that will be shipped with the compiler some
day. So, where can I find that?

—John