Subject: [Boost-users] boost 1.45.0 regression tests.
From: Jason Nye (jnye_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 11:55:50

Hello All,

Platform/toolset information: Windows, MSVC9.0, primarily 64-bit but we do have 32-bit, _SECURE_SCL=0

My company is using boost 1.45.0 and we build boost ourselves. We have a policy that for any off-the-shelf software we build from source, we run the unit tests for that package to verify a basic level of usability.

When running the tests for all libraries (by using a script to CD into their respective 'test' directories and running bjam), most pass but I do get a few failures. The bjam command line I'm using for each is:

bjam.exe --build-dir=%BOOST_ROOT%\..\build_x64_tests --user-config=%BOOST_ROOT%\user-config.jam link=shared address-model=64 cxxflags=/D_SECURE_SCL=0

The user-config.jam simply forces the use of the msvc90 toolset.

The results:

Lexical Cast
============
lexical_cast_loopback_test.cpp(74): error in "test_round_conversion_double": check magic_msvc == lexical_cast<T>(magic_msvc_s) failed
lexical_cast_loopback_test.cpp(74): error in "test_round_conversion_long_double": check magic_msvc == lexical_cast<T>(magic_msvc_s) failed

tr1.random
==========
unknown location(0): fatal error in "test_main_caller( argc, argv )":
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

run_random.cpp(48): last checkpoint
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\INCLUDE\../include/random(850): invalid argument for subtract_with_carry[_01]::seed

*** 1 failure detected in test suite "Test Program"

Does anyone know what might be the cause of these failures?

Maybe I'm running the tests incorrectly? Keep in mind that we absolutely need certain compiler flags - running bjam by itself will choose the wrong compiler, address model and _SECURE_SCL flags.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason

[cid:image002.png_at_01CC3001.C8AE2BE0]

Jason Nye | Principal Software Engineer
5850 Opus Parkway, Suite 300 l Minnetonka, MN 55343
952.487.9693 l 866.433.4624 l www.vitalimages.com<http://www.vitalimages.com/>

A Toshiba Medical Systems Group Company

image002.png