Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [review][assign] Formal review of Assign v2 ongoing
From: er (er.ci.2020_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 18:44:05

> Arguably the extra {} around each vector element in the new initializer syntax is more readable than the proposed assign v2 syntax. Tuple and deque support initializer list as do all classes with constructors and structs.

I have to believe that you are right in principle, because I'm not too
well versed in intialization lists, and thanks for spotting it. But few
compilers already fully support C++0x. In the case of gcc4.4 that I use,
which has proven C++0x conformant until now, I get the compiler error
"converting from initializer list would use explicit constructor".