Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [review][assign] Formal review of Assign v2 ongoing
From: er (er.ci.2020_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 19:08:10

> If it is true that you cannot use an initializer list with an explicit constructor in the new standard I think it will make explict constructors very painful. I may not have reasoned it through fully, but I see no reason not to allow initializer lists to use explict constructors. It doesn't seem to create safety concerns or ambiguity. Does someone know the rationale for that? It seems to be a mistake to me.

I'm only reporting what I observe, and I'm unable to make a judgment.
Hopefully someone with a later version of gcc can confirm or infirm.

In any case, it still leaves containers that have not been augmented
with initializer list constructors, such as queue, for which Assign is
helpful under C++0x, for the task of initializing a container.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.