Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::asio and C++0x
From: Wilde, Donald S (donald.s.wilde_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-24 09:51:29

-----Original Message-----
From: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Igor R
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 5:52 AM
To: boost-users_at_[hidden]

> > I hadn't, but I added -lboost_system to my CPP command line. It did not help. Was that the correct way to inject the library?

> Yes, you should link with -lboost_system or -lboost_system-mt for
> multithreaded version.

Okay, so I did that correctly, thanks for the clarification. It didn't change the errors, though. I will try the mt-version as well, since asio does spin threads.

I did see a bug report in your tracker about problems in this situation, but when I googled again I couldn't get back to it. There does appear to be some conflict between c++0x and boost that g++ is not handling.