Subject: [Boost-users] making boost build generic library names (without -mgw45-mt-1_46_1)?
From: Ákos Maróy (akos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-28 03:12:09

Hi,

I wonder how can one make the boost build process create libraries with
generic boost library names (like libboost_math_c99f.a) on Windows using
mingw / gcc, as opposed to library names like
libboost_math_c99f-mgw45-mt-1_46_1.a?

Although I understand this makes sense in some contexts, a lot of times
this is not convenient. For example, I'd have to update my dependencies
every time I change the boost version, or the underlying gcc version
changes. moreover, on other platforms (Linux, MacOS), the libraries
built have the generic name (libboost_math_c99f.a)

How to achieve the same effect on Windows?

Akos