Subject: [Boost-users] Meta State Machine PseudoExit transitions
From: Johan Gielens (johan.gielens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-29 03:12:51

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a PseudoExitState in my boost meta state
machine. This is the situation: http://i55.tinypic.com/2a83yar.png.
Currently, when going from Transport to either Situation A or B, it
throws an "no_transition" in the SubState for the "convertible event"
needed by the PseudoExit state. (This is event6 in the example
described below)

According to the documentation
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/libs/msm/doc/HTML/ch03s02.html#d0e930)
and the corresponding example, there should be some kind of transition
triggered by "event6" from SubState2 to Substate1 (see
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/libs/msm/doc/HTML/examples/DirectEntryTutorial.cpp,
in the transition table for SubFsm2). I don't see an arrow in the
state diagram between SubState2 and SubState1, nor can I figure out
why I would want such a transition.

In my SubState's transition table, I have defined the transition from
Transport to PseudoExit1 and 2:

g_row< Transport , Sensor , Exit1 ,
&SubFront::SDownstreamCheck >,
g_row< Transport , Sensor , Exit2 ,
&SubFront::SDownstreamNoCheck >

and in the TopState from PseudoExit1 and 2 to SituationA and B:

_row< Sub::exit_pt< SubFront::Exit1 > , TransportDone , SituationA >,
_row< Sub::exit_pt< SubFront::Exit2 > , TransportDone , SituationB >,

So do i have to handle an "TransportDone" event in the SubState? And
what are my Start and End states?
I would appreciate your help :)

Best Regards,
Johan