Subject: Re: [Boost-users] broken link in "New Iterator Concepts"
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-03 05:27:54

2011/9/2 Krzysztof Żelechowski <giecrilj_at_[hidden]>:

> I suspect there are more broken links there but I cannot produce a report
> because the page is invalid, and indeed, so are all pages under
> doc/libs/1_47_0/libs/iterator/:
>
> … href="/favicon.ico" type="image/ico"><link rel="stylesheet"
> type="text/css" h…
>
> (unclosed link element in XHTML mode)

It's served with an html mime-type so it's actually an invalid html
file, not an invalid xhtml file. The tag you highlighted is correct,
it's the doctype and the tags that self close which aren't. Which is a
very minor problem, so it's unlikely I'll ever fix it. The best
solution would be to generate html in the first place. If xml syntax
is considered important, html5 documents can be both valid html and
well formed xml.

Your tool would probably cope better with the offline version of the file.