Subject: [Boost-users] threads: shared lock question
From: Mark Higgins (miggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-16 00:50:43

I'm new to threads and boost, so I'm sure this is a real newbie question and hopefully quite easy to answer!

I'm trying to set up a pool of threads that do a calculation, and I want to wait for those calculations to finish. Normally I'd do thread_group.join_all() to wait for the threads to exit - but in this case I want my threads hanging around so that I can redo that calculation over and over again when I ask it to do.

What's the best way to signal back to the main thread that all calculations are complete? Should I use a barrier?