Subject: [Boost-users] boost::bind replacements
From: Littlefield, Tyler (tyler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-17 13:46:23

Hello all:
I really like boost::bind because I use an event system in my game
engine, and it allows me to bind callbacks in classes, rather than
having everything as global functions, like they were before.
My problem is this. Boost::bind incurs a lot of overhead, both during
compilation and in binary size. Is there any way to decrease this? If
not, I'm curious if someone could explain how boost::bind works so that
I can create my own?
I understand function objects can hold function pointers and boost::bind
returns a function object, but I'm really confused as to how
placeholders work.

--
Take care,
Ty