Subject: [Boost-users] Multiple versions of boost at once/IPC Alternative
From: Liron Kopinsky (liron.kopinsky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-20 08:56:20

Hi all,
I am working on an application where we have a plugin written to an application, and then a second app that communicates with the plugin using boost::ipc. For this we are using boost 1.46.

The 2012 release of the application we are plugging into has released their SDK and included boost 1.35 as part of the SDK (so they can hook into boost python.)

Is there any way for us to continue using boost 1.46 for our plugin even though it is compiling in an sdk which includes boost 1.35?

If not, is there a good alternative to boost ipc which we can use to handle this cross-application communication? Maybe by limiting ourselves to the boost 1.35?

(The developer who actually implemented the boost::ipc switching our code from using qt signals and slots [who isn't with us anymore] told us that boost 1.46 was needed for ipc as it contained a necessary fix to make it work.)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Liron

Software Developer