Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Interval Timer
From: asif saeed (asif.lse2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-22 01:15:36

Diederick,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Diederick C. Niehorster
<dcnieho_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Can you start googling instead of just asking everything? I know
> nothing about the topic but a quick google brings up asio's
> deadline_timer frequently, have a look at that. e.g.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4267546/c-boost-asio-simple-periodic-timer
>
> You could have found this in much less time than it took to fire an
> email to the list...
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 20:14, asif saeed <asif.lse2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I need an interval timer to continuously call my callback function after
> > every n milliseconds/seconds for ever once I set it up. I also need the
> > ability to kill/cancel the timer. Does Boost provide such a facility now?

In fact, I did google a bit before "firing" an email! The thing is that I
had inquired about it already sometime ago on this mailing list and it
turned out that ASIO Deadline Timer does not work well when the host time
changes. Unfortunately, host time does change quite often where my app is
supposed to run. So, I was wondering if another better solution has emerged
in Boost libraries. I also looked at Chrono but it was not immediately
apparent to me as to whether it does support periodic interval timer or not.

Peace, Asif