Subject: Re: [Boost-users] testing command-line interface using Boost.Test
From: Olaf Meeuwissen (olaf.meeuwissen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-25 22:33:58

Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen <at> avasys.jp> writes:
>
>> Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> > I believe this was an issue with older versions of Boost.Test. Newer releases
>> > should not try to catch SIGCHLD.
>>
>> Thanks for the info.
>>
>> I should have mentioned that I'm using Debian's testing, so my Boost is
>> at 1.46.1. The only newer Boost version that's listed on the website is
>> 1.47.0. The documented changes do not list anything on Boost.Test.

No changes in boost/test/ and libs/test between the above two versions.

> Hmm. It might not have been moved into release branch. Ever since we moved to
> new release approach my changes started to remain unreleased. My schedule
> usually does not coincide with boost releases. I am working on a BIG one though.
> I'll be sure to release all the changes along with it. Meanwhile feel free to
> build trunk version of boost.test.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to do so and keep up with the churn.
Besides, I can't really release with a test suite that depends on a
development snapshot of Boost.Test.

I have taken a look at the differences with 1.47.0 and that made me go
back to the documentation. I've found that I can make tests for failing
command-line invocation pass when I run the tests with

  BOOST_TEST_CATCH_SYSTEM_ERRORS=no

and I should be able to do so in code with

  execution_monitor::p_catch_system_errors = false;

My only problem now is that I have no clue how to get at or where to
look for the execution_monitor instance that I would need to change.

Any suggestion? My test runners all have a fairly simple main that
basically just

  return ::boost::test_unit::unit_test_main (init_test_runner,
                                             argc, argv);

Thanks in advance,

                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962