Subject: Re: [Boost-users] A forward iterator need not be default-constructible
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-02 17:38:07

>> Also, being a singular iterator is independent of type, while being a
>> random-access iterator is determined by type.
>
> No again.  Objects of this type are not singular iterators:
>
>   struct nonsingular
>   {
>    private:
>        void operator=(nonsingular const&);
>   };
>
> Singular values crop up in all kinds of contexts, BTW.  Do ints support
> division?  Well, yes, unless the denominator is zero.

I'm sorry. This is completely wrong. 0 is value -- a state of an
numeric type -- just like singularity is the state of some iterators.
In fact, I think you actually prove Chris' point, here; you've just
extended the notion of singularity from iterators to integers. I would
take that to mean that singularity is independent of type.