Subject: [Boost-users] asio error codes
From: Christopher Pisz (cpisz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-04 11:42:05

I am implementing tcp conections using boost asio.

I don't see in the documentation anything that says which error code could
result from the various asynchronous calls.

Obviously, I would have to identify all connection related error codes and set
the state of my process such that a reconnect was the way to handle it. In
some cases a retry might be needed. However, I don't see a way to get a list
of the possible error codes that need to get checked for aside from hours and
hours of debugging trial and error.

Does there exist somewhere a list of error codes that could result from
async_read? which would I get from async_write?, async_accept? etc..etc.

I see it is a sytem::error_code, and I can look at the header, I can even find
a doc that lists all of them and see asio has a group, but I can't tell which
might occur when.