Subject: [Boost-users] Boost IPC shared queue
From: sidharth shanbhag (sidharthshanbhag_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-07 04:17:23

Hi,

I am trying to build a shared queue between a reader and writer thread of my
process. I am creating a managed shared memory segment, defining an
allocator on top and using the same to initialize a shared queue.

I have a question related to the edge case, considering there is a disparity
in the speed of the reader and writer threads and the writer thread pumps in
more data than the shared segment size, what is the expected behavior of the
queue? Will it allocate a new memory segment or block the writer thread or
throw an exception? Are there any links or references for the same? I had a
look at the boost ipc documentation, but did not see any text explaining
this scenario.

Thanks and regards,
Sid