Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [result_of] Simple question
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-07 17:21:59

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 10/07/2011 01:09 AM, Robert Jones wrote:
> >
> > Hi Julien - I think I've read the relevant pages already, but it seems to
> > come down to whether
> > the Boost.Function properly publishes its return type. I am a little
> > surprised that it seems not to.
> >

> It does. As Michel pointed out, you're
> not using result_of correctly.

Hi Steven, Julien - Indeed it does, which I didn't understand, but I think I
now
do. Boost.Function objects publish a 'result' templated nested struct, not a
nested
type, which it must do since the return type may depend on the invocation
arguments, so those arguments must be supplied.

Thanks for putting me straight.

- Rob.