Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using boost with explicit template instance
From: Ranadheer (p_ranadheer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-11 09:13:08

The only advantage of using explicit template instantiation is that it seems
like it would result in least compilation time and small object sizes
(http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19205-01/819-5267/bkagp/index.html). As
a note, I don't know how good this is from relying on compiler to
instantiate.

As I said, I also understand that it doesn't make sense to instantiate all
internal boost templates explicitly but we are planning to use this library
in a legacy binary which is using "--instances=explicit" option. So, just
wanted to confirm before I remove "--instances=explicit" and resolve the
other issues which might be resulting of this removal.