Subject: [Boost-users] Problem using special mathematical function in Visual C++
From: Keith Fraser (fraserk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-13 16:58:26

Hello,

I downloaded Boost in order to use the expint function:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/special/expint/expint_i.html

I copied the /boost folder into the /include folder in Visual C++ where the other library files (stdio.h, etc.) are kept.
In the .cpp file for the program I wanted to use expint in, I inserted the following line, taken from the description:

#include <boost/math/special_functions/expint.hpp>

When compiling, Visual C++ appears to be able to open expint.hpp, but it doesn't recognize the function:

 error C3861: 'expint': identifier not found

Is there something else I need to add to the .cpp file so that expint will be recognized? I am using Visual C++ 2010 Express.

Thanks,
Keith