Subject: [Boost-users] Chrono System time Conversion to Since Epoch not working
From: Michael Chrostowski (michael.chrostowski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-18 13:34:32

Hi,

I'm using boost 1.47 on Visual Studio 2008 and cannot seem to get the time
since epoch from the Chrono library.

At first I noticed that boost::chrono::system_time::now() does not have to
be represented in time since epoch format so I don't believe that's an
issue. However, I tried
calling boost::chrono::system_time::now().time_since_epoch() and I get the
same return result as if I was only referencing now(). That is, it is not
time since epoch.

Calling the static method to_time_t() DOES return proper time since epoch
but it is in seconds (as time_t generally is) and is not what I'm looking
for.

Michael Chrostowski