Subject: [Boost-users] ublas matrix_range resize
From: petros (pmamales_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-22 13:22:28

HI,
I wanted to ask how I can resize a matrix_range object.
I understand that is is a very light/disposable object but here is the problem I want to solve:
I need to wrap some Lapack functions (Linear equation solvers) using ublas.
The package I am using (mkl) asks for specific memory requirements that translate to having a –possibly-
larger lda (basically the hosting matrix number of rows).
So my way to address this was to contain a general matrix (ublas::matrix) and derive from a matrix_range
which references it.
Alas, I cannot resize!
Is there a way? – Yes I could contain a pointer to the matrix_range and reconstruct, but this is rather silly.
There should be a way to assign a matrix_range to an existing one, overwriting its contents.
Thank you, in advance, for your help,
Petros