Subject: Re: [Boost-users] ublas speed and multi-core processors
From: petros (pmamales_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-22 14:07:49

Hi Matthieu,
I considered Eigen, but have already invested a lot of time/effort with ublas.
The main issue with Eigen is that it did not provide (at least at first sight) with
any handling of the allocator.uBLAS does so through the unbounded_array
input and this is very useful in overwriting allocation functionality.
Also, I am really looking for wrapping LAPACK, since I don’t believe in rewriting code
that is mature, works very well and has been optimized over a long period
of time ( as happens with mkl ) and covers a plethora of numerical algorithms (as LAPACK does).
But, there should be an answer within the uBLAS confines, right?
Thank you for your help,
Petros