Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Accessing the edge through edge descriptor with bundled properties
From: Christoph (c_p_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-25 06:22:26

Hello,

this is an interesting example for me as a beginner. As far as i
understand the concept of a "descriptor" it does not matter if you use
descriptors for some edges or copies of these descriptors in a container
like "border_edge".
Am i right? That is why we call it descriptor. It describes the edge but
it is not the edge, like a pointer points to an object but is not the
object. So it doesn't matter if we use descriptor A, B or C if they all
describe the same edge.

Are there any situations in which i have to care about the copies? For
instance what if I delete the edge of descriptor A (while B and C being
descriptors of the same edge). Will the descriptors B and C become
invalid in the way that they both will point to some kind of "Null"-edge
or do I have to deal with some kind of undefined behaviour?

best regards
Christoph