Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Move] unique_ptr
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-30 15:30:24

El 30/10/2011 16:40, Szymon Gatner escribió:
> Hi,
>
> with now accepted Move library, is implementation of unique_ptr<>
> planned for boost? I used to use Howard Hinnant's implementation
> so far but got compilation problems as soon as I added Move library
> to my toolbox. Also, Hinnant's page says:
>
> "The following is a dated C++03 emulation of unique_ptr.
> You may find a better unique_ptr emulation at boost."

I think it's a missing part. I would like to propose it but I have no
time at this moment.

> Does he mean the one in Boost.Interprocess?

I think boost::interprocess::unique_ptr can miss some std::unique_ptr
features (I wrote it many months ago and I haven't checked the standard
requirements) . Now that we have move-aware containers in
Boost.Container, boost::unique_ptr would very useful, maybe
boost::interprocess::unique_ptr is a good starting point. Maybe you can
try it with boost::container and tell us how it feels.

Ion