Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [C++ Now! 2012] Call for Submissions
From: Nat Linden (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-31 12:24:28

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Hartmut Kaiser
<hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> INAUGURAL C++ NOW! CONFERENCE 2012
> Aspen CO, USA, May 14-18, 2012, www.cppnow.org
>
> SESSION FORMATS
>
> Workshops         Workshops provide an active arena for advancements in
>                  Boost-relevant topics. Workshops provide the opportunity
>                  for experienced practitioners to develop new ideas about
>                  a topic of common interest and experience.

I'd like to request a workshop around the long-debated Boost.Process
library. Boris, any chance you'd be able to attend and moderate that
session?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression of current library status
is that Boris brought forward a proposal -- which generated a round of
controversy -- which ended in more or less a stalemate.

At my workplace, when e-mail discussion starts meandering, we get
everybody in a room, thrash it out and abide by the results of that
meeting. In effect, those sufficiently invested in the problem to show
up in person get to outvote those who don't.

I have opinions of my own, of course -- but more than anything, I'd
like a portable Process library, perfect or flawed, to officially
become part of Boost. I'm proposing that the upcoming "C++ Now!"
conference include an intensive track to get that library moving
forward again.

It boggles my mind that even after 25 years, there is still no
standard, portable C++ library to run a child process.