Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [ublas]how to get tsm to compile with simple matrixargs?
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-14 16:04:15

On 11/14/11 14:53, petros wrote:
> Hi Larry,
> The comments on the code writes for tsm that it accepts a tringular (not
> tridiagonal) matrix.
> -very common confusion ;-)).

Ah! I should have read closer. BTW, since, based on our past emails,
you're interested in linear equation solvers for tridiagonal systems,
maybe you could let me know how you're solving tridiagonal systems with
ublas or lapack. I'd appreciate it.

> HTH,
> Petros
> ps: also, when you derive from a class the "magic" of expression templates
> often disappears (depending on implementation..)

OK, I guess if I want to use the ublas banded matrix I'll have to set
the values manually instead of using a subclass' CTOR and 3 std::vectors
as the CTOR args to do it :(

Thanks for the help, Petros.

-regards,
Larry